As a leader of Carbon Demand, your goal is to build the strategy and deliver monetization pathways of our solution for permanent verifiable carbon removal. Building a portfolio strategy for a variety of offtake pathways will be a critical first initiative, but developing other mechanisms to enable project finance and/or hybrid financial vehicles with partners, financial institutions and investors will also be a large part of the role.
Previous roles with a strong focus on carbon or environmental asset deal closing, negotiation and relationship management will have prepared you for joining Eion in this capacity. You and your team will be interacting closely with a variety of companies wishing to purchase removals, reduce emissions in their supply chains, or finance carbon removal projects. We are looking for someone to lead the first year of demand side deal-making, and then to help build a team focused on demand generation and sales capture in the future.
Ideally you have worked in environmental asset trading, carbon offtake and or climate finance and are looking for an opportunity to build a new category in carbon removal at an innovative company like Eion. This role will report to Eion’s Chief Commercial Officer.
You’re responsible for:
- The monetization of Eion’s carbon removals: through offtake agreements, sales to carbon platforms, project finance and other mechanisms to be developed
- Managing sales and building relationships with large carbon credit buyers
- Working with finance and supply teams to understand and connect COGS to demand strategy
- Work with external counsel and consultants to develop strategy and templates for ERPAs, contract vehicles and other custom legal structures required for demand and offtake agreements
- Providing insights on evolving carbon market trends, value, and relevant regulatory developments
- Identifying, structuring and experimenting with project financing opportunities
- Representing Eion at events, conferences etc.
- Commercial experience in environmental asset markets, preferably in both voluntary and compliance carbon markets
- Strong financial modeling and projection expertise
- Significant B2B sales experience, including deal structuring and negotiation of ERPAs
- Profound commercial understanding of GHG emission reductions standards, GHG emission reductions projects and methodologies
- Experience in project development in the Agriculture or Land Use sector preferred
- Willingness to travel 50%
Why Work With Us
- This company exists to do good, for the planet, and for people, and we have a really wonderful scalable approach to do it that touches so many different partners.
- We think a lot about how to create the corporate scaffolding to do the most good.
- This company spends a lot of time thinking about culture, values, communication, and how to be good at being a company.
We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. Eion is building a team that looks beyond the dominant culture for clues to creating a successful workplace where every person stands in integrity. To that end, Eion is committed to a supportive and inclusive culture for women, gender minorities, and other individuals from underrepresented groups. Our core team includes racial diversity, gender diversity, and ability diversity, and we continually broaden our understanding and support for justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To apply, please send a resume and cover to email@example.com