Eion is a carbon removal company. We work with farmers, ranchers, and existing agriculture systems to safely and permanently remove carbon from the atmosphere at scale using enhanced rock weathering (ERW). Eion accelerates the weathering cycle by crushing up silicate minerals. We then work with the existing agricultural system to transport and apply this crushed minerals to working lands. Once applied, nature takes over. Rain and soil acidity enable the silicate mineral to remove the carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and ultimately transport it to the ocean, where it will be stored for roughly 500,000 years.
We’re seeking a dedicated Operations & Logistics Manager to facilitate our mission of carbon dioxide removal through effective supply chain management. You’ll be a pivotal part of our fast-paced, dynamic environment, supporting the build-out of our US supply chain for enhanced rock weathering. Your focus will include managing various transportation modes such as ocean, barge, truck, rail, and associated mill locations. An understanding of agriculture in the Mid South region, the Mississippi River, and the logistics of moving bulk materials is essential for this role.
1) Supply Chain Management:
- Drive the design, build-out, and operation of Eion’s supply chain, ensuring a seamless flow from initial product handling to final delivery.
- Manage comprehensive logistics of our product, CarbonLock, encompassing vessel, customs, transfers, barge, and transload operations.
- Execute efficient terminal pickup and local trucking operations, as part of our last-mile delivery strategy.
- Oversee product application, ensuring adherence to established procedures and standards while keeping a meticulous record of soil sampling tracking & progress.
2) Vendor Management:
- Oversee the RFQ process, screening, and selection of vendors to align with Eion’s mission.
- Cultivate effective relationships with supply chain vendors, promoting Eion’s values, mission, and community impact.
- Monitor vendor performance against operational and contractual KPIs, addressing any deficiencies promptly.
- Oversee financial aspects of vendor relationships, including invoice accuracy, approval, and dispute resolution.
3) Financial Management:
- Collaborate with the Eion financial team to provide operational cost inputs for financial modeling and budgeting, ensuring all logistics and operations activities align with Eion’s budgetary guidelines.
- Manage accounts payable tracking diligently to maintain financial accuracy and to ensure all vendor payments align with financial forecasts and budget constraints.
- Assume responsibility for managing and controlling operational costs in accordance with Eion’s budget, proactively identifying areas for cost optimization in operations and logistics activities.
4) Cross Functional Collaboration:
- Work closely with various internal teams, including finance, science, and sales, to ensure seamless operational integration and achievement of business objectives.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings to provide insight into logistics operations and influence strategic planning and decision-making.
- Collaborate on Mill development and construction to ensure effective integration into Eion’s supply chain.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in bulk material logistics, with a focus on the Mississippi River marine highway.
- In-depth knowledge of agriculture in the Mid South region.
- Understanding of basic financial reporting and cost management.
- Experience with vendor contract negotiation.
- Proven success in team leadership, training, and staff development.
- Understanding of inventory management practices and Lean methodology.
Skills to be successful in the role:
- Alignment with Eion’s core values
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment.
- Interest in climate technology and agricultural interactions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Process-oriented approach.
- Openness to new challenges.
- Willingness to assist outside of designated responsibilities
Why Work With Us:
- This company exists to do good for the planet, and for people, and we have a really wonderful scalable approach to do it that impacts many different partners.
- We think a lot about how to create the corporate scaffolding to do the most good.
- This company spends a lot of time thinking about culture, values, communication, and how to be good at being a company.
We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. Eion is building a team that looks beyond the dominant culture for clues to creating a successful workplace where every person stands in integrity. To that end, Eion is committed to a supportive and inclusive culture for women, gender minorities, and other individuals from underrepresented groups. Our core team includes racial diversity, gender diversity, and ability diversity, and we continually broaden our understanding and support for justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.