In this Finance role, you will be the founder of the Finance organization within Eion. In this role you have the opportunity to create a nimble and effective Finance team working closely with the CEO and senior leadership team. As part of this, your role will be central in evolving the Finance function from the personal efforts of the founding team, leveraging a variety of outsourced solutions, to creating a reliable system tracking past financial performance, and planning future strategic opportunities. This will be an operationally focused role that sets the stage for a more ambitious agenda of the Finance team to fuel the growth of Eion as we mature. The role will have a prominent place in reporting to the board and reporting to future investors.
Success for this role will be observed by bringing up the Finance org through three key stages. First, we need to establish high quality finance functions (and then delegate the most transactional pieces). Second, we need to have rigorous analysis and planning tools to choose which strategic opportunities to pursue, and how best to structure our business models. Third, we need to prepare for corporate finance approaches to scale the company in a growth phase, which will include recruitment of a broader Finance team. Ultimately we see the Finance org as the cornerstone of Eion’s long-term success.
- Supervising the monthly, quarterly and annual tasks within the finance function including A/R, A/P, treasury and Revenue Recognition
- Be the internal owner of outsourced finance processes and ERP systems to ensure accurate financial record keeping.
- Ensuring control over financial transactions and financial reporting to management, shareholders and debtholders.
- Managing the outsourced payroll process, expense tracking and coding, and other routine bookkeeping
- Lead month-end and year-end close and subsequent tax reporting and audit
- Synthesize data on costs and revenues for financial planning and analysis on strategic initiatives (new projects or lines of business) to support strategic decisions and commercial initiatives
- Negotiate financial instruments, such as loans or working capital facilities, to manage working capital requirements
- Managing cash flow and working capital control
- An accounting qualification (eg CPA, CFP or equivalent) preferably with 5-7+ years post qualification experience.
- You have finance work experience in start-up or scaling companies, as well as an understanding of what “good” looks like in a more established corporate environment.
- You have experience in an old industry (mining, energy) with experience in project development OR you have experience in an early stage high growth company
- Experience in presenting financial information at a senior level.
- You’re very analytical and commercially minded.
- You’re a fast learner and have the ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks in a fast paced environment, keeping to tight month/year-end deadlines.
- You’d like to work in a fast-paced, growing start-up with a diverse culture.
Why Work With Us
- This company exists to do good, for the planet, and for people, and we have a really wonderful scalable approach to do it that touches so many different partners.
- We think a lot about how to create the corporate scaffolding to do the most good.
- This company spends a lot of time thinking about culture, values, communication, and how to be good at being a company.
We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. Eion is building a team that looks beyond the dominant culture for clues to creating a successful workplace where every person stands in integrity. To that end, Eion is committed to a supportive and inclusive culture for women, gender minorities, and other individuals from underrepresented groups. Our core team includes racial diversity, gender diversity, and ability diversity, and we continually broaden our understanding and support for justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To apply, please send a resume and cover to firstname.lastname@example.org