Eion is a carbon removal company. We work with farmers, ranchers, and existing agriculture systems to safely and permanently remove carbon from the atmosphere at scale using enhanced rock weathering (ERW). Eion accelerates the weathering cycle by crushing and grinding silicate minerals. We then work with the existing agricultural system to transport and apply the pulverized minerals to working lands. Once applied, nature takes over. Rain and soil acidity enable the silicate minerals to remove the carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and ultimately transport it to the ocean for long-term storage.
We are currently building our first industrial-scale milling facility, with an ambitious plan to expand to further facilities across the United States. These facilities will work on processing tens of thousands of tonnes of feed sands into a product ready for agricultural deployment, aiming for a future megatonne scale.
The Process Engineer will play a crucial role in not just overseeing the design, buildout, and commissioning of our first facility, but also contributing to the development of our future facilities. The role requires a strong technical competence in process engineering, hands-on problem-solving skills, and some project management capabilities.
- Reviewing and managing the evolution of existing designs with third-party EPCM firms.
- Determining implementation requirements for the design on the target site.
- Applying technical expertise to troubleshoot process problems and failures, develop and implement solutions.
- Coordinating the design and process improvements to optimize performance, costs, and sustainability.
- Overseeing equipment purchase and installation, ensuring proper functioning and adherence to safety standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably in Process, Chemical, Industrial, or a similar field.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in process engineering or industrial engineering roles, with substantial experience in plant operations. However, less than 10 years of excellent experience but time served as a commissioning engineer, a junior engineer and/or technician can override this.
- Experience in field required; office or remote experience only will not be considered for this position.
- Professional Engineer (PE) licensure.
- Solid experience in metallurgical process design, plant operations, and project management.
- Proven experience in troubleshooting process problems, implementing solutions, and optimizing performance and costs.
- Demonstrated technical competence to contribute to problem-solving and technical decision-making.
- Prior experience working with commissioning teams and contractors, showing an ability to work effectively with external parties and integrate their work with the in-house team.
- Demonstrated experience with automation systems, particularly PLC or SCADA, would be highly beneficial.
- Prior experience in a carbon removal company or similar environmental technology industry would be a significant advantage.
- Proven ability to approach a technical challenge in a structured and systematic way.
- Willingness to relocate to Vicksburg, MS for the duration of the project, with potential future travel or relocation to other facility sites.
Skills to be successful in the role:
- Alignment with Eion’s core values
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Interest in climate technology and agricultural interactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to details
- Process-oriented approach
- Openness to new challenges
- Willingness to assist outside of designated responsibilities
Why Work With Us:
- This company exists to do good for the planet, and for people, and we have a really wonderful scalable approach to do it that impacts many different partners.
- We think a lot about how to create the corporate scaffolding to do the most good.
- This company spends a lot of time thinking about culture, values, communication, and how to be good at being a company.
We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. Eion is building a team that looks beyond the dominant culture for clues to creating a successful workplace where every person stands in integrity. To that end, Eion is committed to a supportive and inclusive culture for women, gender minorities, and other individuals from underrepresented groups. Our core team includes racial diversity, gender diversity, and ability diversity, and we continually broaden our understanding and support for justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To apply, please send a resume and cover to email@example.com